Friday 23 March 2007

PS3 Launch

Today the not-as-good-as-everywhere-else PS3 is launched in Europe & Australia, after a massive delay. (We're not allowed to import them, apparently US versions are safe enough for US citizens, but not us in Europe). I was a bit bemused why bcc news was reporting on people queing up in London on Wednesday to get their console on Friday. Last Saturday, every Game Store/Video Store/Pet Shop I went in could garantee the console on launch. We were joking at work that they probably work for Sony. Then today, a story on BBC news provides a hint.

They had just been told they had been rewarded for their patience and loyalty with a free £2,500 high-definition TV on which to play their shiny new console.


Hmmm ... sounds a bit suspicious to me. I should be clear the BBC story clearly states no one knew about this, and they were all in a state of shock - but still, I'm not buying it - Both the PS3 and the fact that is was a suprise.

No comments: