Wednesday 15 July 2009

Jen, Music, Good Films, A Lawnmower with a Bag and a Pressure Washer

I think about three years, I realised that I really don't need a lot of money to be happy. My happiness list was, in this precise order: Jen, Music and Good Films. All of which is pretty affordable. Apart from Jen, obviously. She's not for sale (that didn't sound right, it's not like I own her. Or could put a value on her. Look, she's not yours. I have got a VHS copy of 'The Big Lebowski' going free though if anyone wants a good film).

In the last few weeks I've found two things to add to the list: A lawnmower with a bag and a pressure washer.

I heart my pressure washer. I'm going to clean everything with it: the patio, the car, neighbour's cats, my teeth. For the first time in my life I actually left work early because I was looking forward to cleaning something. I'm a changed man.

So, that's my happiness manifest : Jen, Music, Good Films, A Lawnmower with a Bag and a Pressure Washer. Try it yourself. You'll need to find your own Jen though.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Your little sister (sounds inappropriate doesnt it), macbook pro, iphone, cat, vegatable samosas, epiphany toilets. that is all.

Dave Atkins said...

I had no idea what an epiphany toilet was, god bless you urbandictionary.com

a place where thoughts bloom. where you can go to clear your mind and get everything in order

I'll be sure to get some vegetable samosas in next week. There will be no epiphanies on my toilet though. It's special powers are reserved for me.